Lesson 5 Objectives
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Compare and contrast search engines, subject directories, and periodical databases.
- Recognize how to use search engines, subject directories, and periodical databases effectively.
- Identify and explain the purpose for citation styles currently used in academic study.
- Differentiate between in-text parenthetical citations and footnotes.
- Differentiate between works cited, references, and bibliography pages as ways of displaying endnotes.
- Define and explain the ramifications of plagiarism.
- Discuss ways to avoid plagiarism.